Friday 13 February 2009

The Present

Each day is a gift from God. Will I use it well today? 

Too many 'what ifs' and 'if only'. Strange how we often wonder what life would be like or how things would be 'if only'... 'If only' things were the way they used to be; 'if only' he/she was here; 'if only'' I had not made those decisions; 'if only' I knew; 'if only' I was well; 'if only' I didn't have to take all these drugs; 'if' I could feel no pain for just one day...

Truth is, if there is no pain, there can be no healing; if there are no mistakes, there can be no forgiveness; if there is no sadness, there can be no joy. If we were all perfect, Jesus wouldn't have to die on the cross. 

A friend I haven't seen in a while shared her pains with me a few days back. Not the kind of pain I have, but a deeper, more searing pain. A pain in her heart, her soul. A pain that makes her soul cry out day and night. A pain that no drugs can numb and no doctors can take away. The worst kind of pain that can be inflicted on a person is the pain caused by another. A pain so prevalent in this day and age. A pain that can only truly be healed by the touch of our Lord Jesus Christ.  

There are many things we can be thankful for. It is so easy to forget to count our blessings each day. A friend said something which we thought was very wise: 'that if we spend all our time fretting and worrying about things we do not have, we will miss out on enjoying what we do have'. Well, it was something along this line anyway.... but how absolutely true this is. So, I should really be thankful that I can do housework, that I can do school runs, I can enjoy my time with our 2 precious little girls etc.

Ooh, last day of school today! 2 weeks with no pack lunches! YAY!!! 

Finished reading THE SHACK today. It's a really good book and a worthwhile read. Helps me look at life from another perspective and made me rethink things. 

*****Broken Within but Complete in Him*****

'He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust."' Psalm 91:1-2




No comments:

Post a Comment