Monday 16 February 2009

Friends

The Lord Jesus gave us the principle of a true friendship: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:13-15). 

"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" Amos 3:3. Friends are of like mind. True friendship is a relationship that is entered into by individuals and is only as good or as close as those individuals choose to make it. A friend is someone whom you can be yourself with and never fear that he/she will judge you. A friend is someone that you can confide in with complete trust and a friend is someone you respect and that respects you, not based on worthiness but based on a likeness of mind.

Jesus is the pure example of a true friend, for He laid down His life for His friends. What is more, anyone may become His friend by trusting in Him as his personal saviour, being born again and receiving new life in Him. THAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were just watching a video of our time spent in Rutlands with some very special friends over the christmas period. Oh, how I miss those lovely times with friends and families! That said, I am thankful for the friends God has brought into our lives and for the wonderful blessing of their friendships. Perhaps at times, I do not try hard enough to be a good friend but please do be patient with me because your friendship means so much to me.  


*****Broken Within but Complete in Him*****

'He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him will I trust."' Psalm 91:1-2

2 comments:

  1. A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.

    Da Ge

    ReplyDelete