Saturday 14 February 2009

Do you not know?

'Do you not know? 
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and His understanding no one can fatham.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak,
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.' 
          (Isaiah 40:28-31)

Tired? I am. I think we all are. The girls are officially on holiday although we've still had to get up early for their ballet and tap lessons in Leicester this morning. Surprisingly, they didn't complain and for that, I am thankful. What can be worse than feeling we are forcing them to take up dancing lessons? Alyssa has finally decided (after 2.5 years of being at the dance school) that she does like tap and ballet. Ha... and just when we thought we could pull them out of the dance school because of Alyssa's lack of enthusiasm!  

I am so glad Daya managed to find my sunglasses. Phew, phew, phew and phew again! Thank you so much, Daya. You brightened up my day again!  It's okay that it's muddy. At least it's still intact!

Today is Valentine's Day. Did you know that this day was originally a pagan festival that was renamed after an early roman christian named Valentine who was martyred for refusing to give up christianity? He died on the 14th February 269 A.D. Interesting, huh, how this has since been churned into another money-making business? In any case, Happy Valentine's Day, all!   

It's weird looking out of the kitchen window.  4 snow stumps now sits at the back of the garden surrounded by the greenest grass. Our snowpeople's heads have either fallen off or melted leaving only evidence of the winter snow that hit UK a week ago...

*****Broken Within but Complete in Him*****

'He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him will I trust." Psalm 91:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment